CHOCOLATE-DIPPED HAZELNUT COOKIES
These cookies are quick and easy to make. The hardest part is waiting for them to cool so you can enjoy them.
1 Stick of Softened Butter
3/4 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 to 1 1/2 Cups Hazelnuts, Plus Extra for Decorating
1 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- Lightly toast the hazelnuts and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, finely chop enough hazelnuts to make one cup.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together.
- Add in the egg, salt, and baking soda, and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour a little at a time, mixing well in between.
- Stir in toasted hazelnuts.
- Using a large spoon or small ice cream scoop, drop batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press one whole hazelnut into the top of each cookie.
- Back for 8 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let cool completely on a rack.
- Melt chocolate chips and the vegetable oil in a double-boiler.
- Dip the bottom of each cookie in the melted chocolate.
- Place each cookie on the cooling rack with the chocolate side up.
- Let chocolate cool and harden.