If you don’t think that you like brussel sprouts, you may not have been eating them correctly! I believe the ABSOLUTE BEST way to cook them is to roast them. This recipe adds a depth of flavor with a good-quality balsamic vinegar.
1 1/2 pounds of brussel sprouts
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt*
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper*
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar*
2 teaspoons honey
*Do not be afraid to adjust the amounts of salt, vinegar, and honey to your taste.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- While the oven is preheating, trim the stems off of the sprouts and cut in half from top to stem.
- In a large bowl, add the sprouts, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the salt, and the pepper.
- Toss to coat the sprouts completely.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the sprouts in a single layer on the sheet.
- Roast in the oven until they are tender and starting to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
- Place the brussel sprouts back in the bowl. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, and the honey. Toss to coat completely in the glaze. Add additional salt if needed.
- Serve warm.